Good morning from a windy Hastings day. Well actually at the moment it is calm, but the night was rather wild.
I have had this idea in the back of my head about using the same rose, but at different stages. This is my attempt at it last night. I have been taking photos of this rose around the same time each day, but over a week. It was a beautiful old fashioned rose that was lovely full blown. I wanted to have the affect of zooming out from the bud to a full blown stage.
This is the background image. I edited it with Photoshop filters and changed the opacity .
This is the rose right at the back. I started off by editing it with different filters, but couldn’t get rid of the background so ended up changing it to a PNG image and using the magic wand tool, got rid of the background but still kept some of the effects of the filters as I wanted it to distance itself from the bud in the front. I also changed the opacity to around 85%.
This is the second rose. I didn’t edit this or the other ones in front of it as they were still in their prime so to speak. I did change the opacity to around 90%.
The third rose. The opacity was around 95%. I didn’t want too much of a difference between the different PNG images.
Finally this is the top rose at full opacity.
It was just a matter of resizing the images to get the affect I wanted. I am not 100% sure that I achieved what I wanted or what I had in mind. I will try it again at a later stage but with something different.
Cheers and have a nice day.